Yan Huang received her B.S. degree in Computer Science from Peking University , Beijing, China, in July 1997 and Ph.D. degree in, Computer Science from University of Minnesota , Twin-cities, MN, USA, in July 2003. She is currently a professor at the Computer Science and Engineering department of University of North Texas , Denton, TX, USA. Her research interests include spatio-temporal databases and mining, geo-stream data processing, smart transportatin, and location-based social networks. She has been a visiting scholar of Microsoft Research Asia May - Aug. 2011. During Fall 2011, she visited Fudan University , Shanghai, China. Her research is supported by Texas Advanced Research Program (ARP), Oak Ridge National Lab, NSF, Texas Department of Transportation, and DoD. Please visit our TEO ( CRI , CI-TEAM ), SGER , and TxDOT project websites. Our Lab website is here . My Google Scholar citation.
- May. 01, 2014: Dr. Huang is on the organizating committee of GeoComputation 2015
- Mar. 27, 2014: Dr. Huang (2014-2019) is on the Board of Directors of The SSTD Endowment
- Oct. 01, 2013: Dr. Huang is the general chair of ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2014
- Noah: A Dynamic Ridesharing System
- SPOT: Locating Social Media Users Based on Social Network Context