Robert Renka, Professor
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- University of North Texas
- Denton, TX 76203-1366
- (940) 565-2767
- Ph.D. Computer Science, 1981, University of Texas at Austin.
- M.A. Math, 1979, University of Texas at Austin.
- B.S. Math, B.A. Computer Science, 1976, University of Texas at Austin.
- Research Interests:
- Mesh Generation
- Numerical solution of PDE's
- Curve and Surface Fitting (Interpolation and Approximation)
- Computer Graphics, Geometric Modeling, and Computational Geometry
- Academic Ancestry:
- Recently published papers.
- A Simple Explanation of the Sobolev Gradient Method: download
- Geometric Curve Modeling with Sobolev Gradients: download
- For more information, see my
CSCE 4230: Computer Graphics.
CSCE 5230: Numerical Methods.
CSCE 4930/5933: Quantum Computing.
Free Source Code:
- Images of eigenfunctions of Laplacian on prefractal domains:
The following codes are well-documented and designed to be
easily modified. Feel free to use them in any manner you wish.
I ask only that you acknowledge the source. Additional programs
and data files, such as those used to produce test results in my
journal articles, are available by request. Some additional
OpenGL and WebGL codes are
Please email me bug reports.
- Interactive MATLAB program for curve design and data fitting with exponential tension splines:
- Interactive MATLAB program for curve design and data fitting with discrete minimum variational curves:
- MATLAB utility for conversion from 3D axes (world) coordinates to window
(screen) or mouse coordinates:
- MATLAB code for constructing uniformly parameterized triangle mesh
approximations to minimal surfaces and constant mean curvature surfaces:
- Interactive surface plotting program using OpenGL and glut:
- Interactive 2D vector field plotting program using OpenGL and glut:
- Interactive 2D mesh generation program using OpenGL and glut:
- MATLAB code for 2D triangle mesh generation:
- MATLAB code for triangle mesh surface smoothing:
- MATLAB code for minimizing the Ginzurg-Landau functional:
Last updated: 07/14/2018