My students and I run the Information Security and Privacy: Interdisciplinary Research and Education (INSPIRE) research lab which is affiliated with the Center for Information and Computer Security (CICS).
I also co-direct Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Site: Software Assurance and Security in Emerging Technologies, direct UNT GenCyber program, and advise UNT's Cybersecurity Club.
- I serve on the program/ organizing committee of the IEEE S&P 2019, ACM CCS 2018, ACSAC 2018, ACM CODASPY 2018, ACSAC 2017, ACM CCS 2017, ACM CODASPY 2017, ACSAC 2016, ACM CCS 2016, ACM CCS-MIST, ACM SACMAT 2016,
- I serve as Chair of the IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops 2019.
- (4/2018) Our paper "A Deep Learning Approach for Extracting Attributes of ABAC Policies" appears in the ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT) 2018.
- (3/2018) Our paper "Automatic Extraction of Access Control Policies from Natural Language Documents" appears in the IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC).
- (3/2018) Our paper "Privacy-preserving Machine Learning as a Service" appears in the Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PoPETs).
- (1/2018) Our paper "Prediction of Human Error Using Eye Movements Patterns for Unintentional Insider Threat Detection" appears in the IEEE International Conference on Identity, Security and Behavior Analysis (ISBA 2018).
- (9/2017) Three papers accepted in ACM CCS 2017 Workshops.
- (4/2017) Our paper "Identification of Access Control Policy Sentences from Natural Language Policy Documents" appears in the 31st Annual IFIP Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy (DBSec'17).
- (4/2017) Our paper "Towards a Top-down Policy Engineering Framework for Attribute-based Access Control" appears in the ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT) 2017.
- (12/2016) Our paper "Privacy Preserving Multi-party Machine Learning with Homomorphic Encryption" appears in Private Multi-Party Machine Learning -- NIPS 2016 Workshop.
- (11/2016) Our paper "Differentially Private Distributed Data Analysis" appears in IEEE CIC 2016.
- (9/2016) Our paper "A Foresight Model for Intrusion Response Management" appears in Elsevier Computers & Security.
I am looking for strong students with an interest in information security and privacy. Students must have a strong technical background, good programming skills, and be willing to work hard. If you are interested in my research, please send me an email if you are a student at UNT and apply to the program if you are not currently a student at UNT.
PhD Scholarship in Information Assurance Available for US Citizens! Click here
Wordle representation of paper titles.