I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and member of the Center for Information and Computer Security (CICS) at the University of North Texas. I received my PhD from the University of Pittsburgh where I was a member of the Laboratory of Education and Research on Security Assured Information Systems (LERSAIS).
- I serve on the program/ organizing committee of the ACSAC 2017, ACM CCS 2017, ACM CODASPY 2017, ACSAC 2016, ACM CCS 2016, ACM CCS-MIST, IEEE BigData 2016, ACM SACMAT 2016, IEEE GLOBECOM 2016, IEEE COMPSAC 2016, IEEE TrustCom 2016.
- (4/2017) Our paper "Identification of Access Control Policy Sentences from Natural Language Policy Documents" appears in the 31st Annual IFIP Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy (DBSec'17).
- (4/2017) Our paper "Towards a Top-down Policy Engineering Framework for Attribute-based Access Control" appears in the ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT) 2017.
- (12/2016) Our paper "Privacy Preserving Multi-party Machine Learning with Homomorphic Encryption" appears in Private Multi-Party Machine Learning -- NIPS 2016 Workshop.
- (11/2016) Our paper "Differentially Private Distributed Data Analysis" appears in IEEE CIC 2016.
- (9/2016) Our paper "A Foresight Model for Intrusion Response Management" appears in Elsevier Computers & Security.
- (6/2016) Our paper "Better Privacy Indicators: A New Approach to Quantification of Privacy Policies" has been accepted at the SOUPS 2016 Workshop on Privacy Indicators.
I am looking for strong students with an interest in information security and privacy. Students must have a strong technical background, good programming skills, and be willing to work hard. If you are interested in my research, please send me an email if you are a student at UNT and apply to the program if you are not currently a student at UNT.
PhD Scholarship in Information Assurance Available for US Citizens! Click here
Wordle representation of paper titles.