CSCE 5150-2 Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Fall 2013
Final Exam on Tue. December 10 at 2:00pm - see UNT schedule - open book, cumulative -
Paul Tarau, Professor - see my home page for contact info and office hours.
Teaching assistant: David Haraburda, see his web page for submitting assignments and exams.
This course will focus on theoretical and practical aspects of the design amd analysis of algorithms with special ephasis on combinatorial and graph theoretical algorithms.
- Growth functions and asymptotic notation
- Solving recurrence relations
- Designing divide and conquer algorithms
- Analysis of sorting algorithms
- Average case analysis and Lower bounds
- Randomized algorithms
- Dynamic programming
- Greedy algorithms
- Amortized analysis
- Dynamic sets and maps / hash tables
- Graph algorithms and network flows
- Number theoretic algorithms
- Complexity classes, P, NP, EXPTIME, PSPACE
- Approximation algorithms for NP-hard problems
- 60% exams : link to finals
- 40% assignments
Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, Stein, 3-rd edition.
Link to MIT lectures and slides.
Directory for slides, assignments and other resources.