|Ph.D., State University of New York at Buffalo(2008)
- Research assistantship positions with full-tuition scholarships in the area of text and Web mining are available for highly motivated graduate students.
- Two research papers from our group on topics of biomedial literature mining and Wikipeda data mining are published/accepted by the ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM BCB) and Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS),
an International Journal.
- Dr. Jin joined the Univeristy of North Texas in the Fall of 2016 as an associate professor.
- I serve as a publicity
co-chair for 2016 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM).
The conference website has been launched (http://icdm2016.eurecat.org)
and call for papers, workshops and tutorials are out. We look forward to
receiving your contributions!
- Dr. Jin was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
- Dr. Jin receieved the NSF Early Career Award.
- Our collaborative proposal was funded by NSF as an EAGER (EArly-concept Grant for
Exploratory Research) for the period of 2015-2017.
- Five research papers on topics of Generic
Subset Ranking, Web Document Clustering Using Social Tagging, Improving
Text Mining Incorporating Wikipeida Knowledge, Improving Query
Processing over RDF Data, and Better Understanding and Utilizing
Relations in DBpedia, are accepted in Theoretical Computer Science (TCS), ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, Springer Journal of Computer Science and Technology, International Journal of Web Intelligence and Agent Systems, and Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems LNCS, respectively.
- Two research papers and one demo paper are
accepted by the International Conference on Information and Knowledge
Management(CIKM), the premier international conference on database research and knowledge management.
- Our paper, "WCAMiner: A Novel Knowledge Discovery System for
Mining Concept Associations using wikipedia", is accepted by SIAM
International Conference on Data Mining(SDM), the premier international conference on data mining.
- Our paper, "User-related Tag Expansion for Web Document
Clustering", is accepted by the 33nd European Conference on Information
Retrieval Research (ECIR), a leading international conference in infomration retrieval research.
- Dr. Jin received a grant from NSF ND EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement program.
- Our paper "OpinionMiner: a novel machine learning system for web
opinion mining and extraction" is accepted by the 15th ACM International
Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD), the premier international conference on data mining and knowledge discovery.
- Invited Panelist in the NSF CISE programs.
Dr. Wei Jin is currently an
associate professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering,Univeristy of North Teaxas. Before joining UNT, she was with the Department of Computer Science at North Dakota
State University, from 2008-2016. She received her PhD and MS degrees in Computer
Science & Engineering from State University of New York at Buffalo,
in 2008 and 2007, respectively. She also earned a ME degree from
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2002.
Dr. Wei Jin's research primarily focuses on data mining and
knowledge discovery, information retrieval and extraction, Web mining and social network analysis, and biomedical and healthcare applications. .
I am looking for motivated and dedicated graduate students to work with me in the above areas. Please send me your resume and transcripts if interested.
Teaching at North Dakota State University
- CSci 372 Comparative Programming Languages (Fall 2008)
- CSci 345/783 Information Retrieval and Web Search (Spring 2009)
- CSci 372 Comparative Programming Languages Section 1(Fall 2009)
- CSci 372 Comparative Programming Languages Section 2 (Fall 2009)
- CSci 426/626 Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (Spring 2010)
- CSci 372 Comparative Programming Languages (Fall 2010- Fall 2015, Spring 2012-Spring 2014)
- CSci 312 Survey of Programming Languages (Fall 2014, Fall 2015)
- CSci 783 Information Retrieval and Web Search (Spring 2011)
Publications (An updated list can be found at the DBLP)
- Wei Jin and Xin Wu. " HCAMiner: Mining Concept Associations for Knowledge Discovery through Concept Chain Queries ", in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2010) , Beijing, China, August 23-27th, 2010, pp. 29-32.
- Shadi Banitaan, Saeed Salem, Wei Jin
and Ibrahim Aljarah. "A formal study of classification techniques on
Entity Discovery and their application to Opinion Mining ", in Proceedings ofthe International Workshop on Search and Mining User-generated Contents (SMUC 2010), colocated at the 19th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, (CIKM 2010), Toronto, Ontario, Canada, October 30, 2010.
- Linyun Fu, Haofen Wang , Wei Jin and Yong Yu. "Towards Better Understanding and Utilizing Relations in DBpedia, to appear in the Web Intelligence and Agent Systems: An International Journal (WIAS), accepted.
- Junquan Chen, Kaifeng Xu, Haofen Wang, Wei Jin, and Yong Yu. "Effective and Efficient Keyword Query Interpretation using a Hybrid Graph", in Lecture Notes in Computer Science(LNCS) book series, Vol. 6488, Web Information Systems Engineering - 11th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE 2010), Springer 2010 (full Paper, acceptance rate = 32/170 = 18%)
- Peng Li, Bin Wang, Wei Jin and Yachao Cui. "User-related Tag Expansion for Web Document Clustering", to appear in the Advances in Information Retrieval, Lecture Notes in Computer Science(LNCS) book series, 33nd European Conference on Information Retrieval Research, ECIR 2011, Dublin, Ireland, Apr. 18-21, 2011, Springer 2011 (full-paper, acceptance rate 20% )
- Wei Jin, Hung Hay Ho and Rohini K. Srihari."OpinionMiner: a novel machine learning system for web opinion mining and extraction", in Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD 2009), pp. 1195-1204, Paris, France, June 2009.
- Wei Jin, Rohini K. Srihari and Abhishek Singh, "Generating Hypotheses from the Web", in Proceedings of the 17th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW-08), Beijing, China, April, 2008.
- Wei Jin,
Rohini K. Srihari, Hung Hay Ho and Xin Wu, "Improving Knowledge
Discovery in Document Collections through Combining Text Retrieval and
Link Analysis Techniques", in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International conference on Data Mining (ICDM-07), pp. 193-202, Omaha, October, 2007. (Regular Paper: acceptance rate = 40/530 = 7.5%)
- Wei Jin, Rohini K. Srihari and Xin Wu, "Mining Concept Associations for Knowledge Discovery through Concept Chain Queries", Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, in Proceedings of the 11th Pacific-Asia International conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD-07), Nanjing, China, 2007, LNAI 4426-2007. (acceptance rate = 126/730 =17%)
- Wei Jin and Rohini K. Srihari, "Graph-based Text Representation and Knowledge Discovery", in
Proceedings of the 22st Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing,
(SAC-07), Seoul, Korea, March, 2007.
Past Research (Machine Translation, Multilingual Information Processing)
Wei Jin, Heyan Huang and Yunqing Xia, "Using Semantic Information and Linguistic Knowledge in Bilingual Word Alignment", in Journal of Computer Science (China), Vol. 29(11), 2002.
Yunqing Xia and Jiande Wang, "Pattern Base Design in an Interactive
Hybrid-Strategy English-Chinese Machine Translation System", in Journal of Microcomputer Applications (China), Vol. 18(3), 2002.
- Wei Jin,
Yunqing Xia and Jiande Wang, "Hybrid-Strategy Translation Engine in an
Interactive English-Chinese Machine Translation System: IHSMTS ", in Journal of Computer Engineering (China), Vol. 28(7), 2002.
Other Useful Links
- Conferences and journals related
Choosing a venue: conference or journal?
Impact of conferences and journals
- Programming languages related
- C :
GCC online documentation
C Standard Library
C++ FAQ Lite
The Site for People Learning Perl
Python Reference Manual
Python Library Reference
- Download Java SDK and IDE
- Java tutorial
Practical Common Lisp
An Introduction and Tutorial for Common Lisp
Prolog Tutorial - Content
Learn Prolog Now!